Thursday, August 25, 2016

August Anecdotes Day 26 - A Precious Gift

Last night as many of you know I finished breastfeeding after ten years (when you count up all the months and add them together).  It was a momentous occasion for me. Flick back through to yesterdays blog and have a read if you want to.

I had made a joke with Jamie about thinking that the occasion called for a piece of jewelry or a tattoo.  I would never get a tattoo anyway because I don't think it would suit one and I am a bit chicken about the pain.

Anyway last night after the little people were in bed, Jamie came out with a package in his hands and sheepishly presented it to me. I opened it to find a gorgeous necklace with a beautiful pendant. Of course the first thing I did was cry (just a little). He told me that he was proud of me and then thanked me for doing such a wonderful job growing, nourishing and bringing up our children. He said that he knew how difficult this transition was for me and how much I will miss having a baby around and breast feeding. He felt too that it needed a piece of jewelry to mark the occasion.  Of course I spent quite a while sobbing and not being able to speak. (Jamie is very used to that) He also went on to tell me that the ladies in the jewelers teared up too when he told them the reason he was buying me something. Probably the first time they had heard that reason. There is no doubt that I have a very very special, amazing and loving husband. One of the best!! Especially when I know how much of a sacrifice it was for him to buy me this gift.

Thank you for your lovely words, those who took the time to message me. I know that I am not the only one that feel these types of things so deeply.

Hoping that tonight's bedtime will go swimmingly for both Frankie and me and we can move smoothly on to the next stage of our life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx