Monday, August 1, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 2 - Packing with Kids

You know I really surprised myself today and I packed 6 boxes. Three out of the kitchen and three out of the school cupboard and my wardrobe. The reason being is that I get terribly distracted when doing things like packing. Distracted by the very things that I am packing. "Ooooo I remember this" or "hey I haven't seen this for a while" or "what the hang is this and where did it come from?" Is usually how my time goes. I have to confess that I did sit and start sorting stamps until my 15 year old surferson came in and told me I was weird. Yeah maybe not weird but more than a little sentimental.  I figure I must be if I still have squirreled away the sugar flowers from the top of our wedding cake and the wall hanging that I made when I was like 8 and the birthday present that I bought for my Grandma when I was about that same age and paid $10.50 for with my own pocket money.

So packing the kitchen was an experience with little people hanging around. No sooner did I wrap and pack then one of them would unpack and unwrap. I managed packed most of the glassware today but did leave three wine glasses out for Friday night dinner with friends.  It was a long morning so that made it all the more better. So I was pretty pleased when they decided to make a giant hut in the lounge that used every spare blanket we had.  Every morning when I pull open the blinds I hold my breath to see what my view will be so I can drink it in and etch it on my memory. Today's was a corker. So stunning.

All this unpacking left Frankie pretty tuckered out and needing a second sleep only five mins after she woke from her first one. She is just so snuggly.

How was your day? Did you manage to get some washing out on the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx