Monday, August 29, 2016

August's Anecdotes Day 29 - Repost (because I can)

I NEED some chocolate!!!   Seeing today was an all-round hideous day...I am cheating and doing a repost of an past blog. Its my blog so I get to write the rules.....Maybe you will learn something new!!

1.  I was born 3 weeks premature and taken to a whole other hospital to be put in a New-born Unit.  My mother didn't get to see me for 5 days AND she was brought the wrong baby.  She wondered why I was a little darker than she imagined I would be. A very apologetic and flustered nurse came tearing in and took that baby off her a short while later.

2.  I walked down the aisle to the song Adiemus by Enya.

3.  I once was a volunteer ambulance officer.  Scary they let me behind the wheel.  After sitting and passing the driving test I ran over and squashed an orange witches hat going through some road works.

4.  If I was born a boy, my mother was going to call me Justin. Yes really!

5.  I had braces only on my top teeth. I signed an I.O.U to my parents stating that I would pay them back. I am now citing that an I.O.U signed by a minor isn't legally valid.

6.  I am house-keeping challenged. In other words I suck at house keeping! I do try really hard but I find there are many many things that I would rather be doing.

7.  My childhood best friend was a girl called Jillian and she born on the same day as me. We would call ourselves 'birthday twins'.   Funnily enough our mothers used to buy us more or less the same presents for birthdays and Christmas.

8.  My nickname as a kid was 'Cyril' which seems bizarre now that I know a man named Cyril.

9.  I quite frequently get words mixed up.  For example today I asked Jamie if he wanted me to vacuum a part of the lawns for him.

10.  When I was a kid I wanted to change my name to 'Jamie'!  Now isn't that hilarious since I married a Jamie.

11. I wanted to be New Zealands first policewoman dog handler.  Even though I don't really like dogs and find the dark a little scary.  Stupid goal really!

12. I am a Great Aunt nine times over!

13. I am afraid of Crickets, Wetas and Cockroaches.  They will induce a panic attack if they catch me unaware.

14. I once forgot my baby in the meat section of the supermarket.  Yes just left him there, all by himself asleep in his pram while I carried on pushing the trolley.  It wasn't until Jayden asked me where Jesse was, a whole two aisles later.  The scary thing is that I couldn't remember where I had left him. I had to run through the supermarket looking for him.  And there he was asleep completely oblivious to the fact that his mother left him with the steaks and sausages!  I am not sure if it was a good thing but no one had noticed either!

15.  I am quite partial to a bit of Country and Western Music from time to time. I quite like Randy Travis and once did a puppet show at school to the song 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton

16.  I came third in a heat in a lip syncing competition.  Performing  'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor and I won a heat in another competition with my partner in crime (Brigitte) performing 'The Phantom of the Opera' by Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. We so ROCKED!!

17.  I am writing a book.  Goodness knows when it will be finished but at least its in progress

18.  I frequently get the words to songs wrong and I mean way wrong.  But I am sure half the population does too.  You know like ' I've got shoes they're made of plywood" instead of "I've got chills they're multiplying" or "Just brush your teeth before you leave me baby" instead of "Just touch my check before you leave me baby"  and "There's a bathroom on the right" instead of "There's a bad moon on the rise".  There, my embarrassing secret is out!

19. I can spot a pregnant women from a freakishly long way off!  I amaze even myself at times!

20. I have not grown in height since I was 12 years old. I am a massive 160cm. (5ft 3inch)

So there you have it. 20 Random facts about me!  Did you learn anything?  I certainly gave myself a laugh while thinking about all the quirky things I do or have done.  I am not weird because I KNOW that everyone of us has their own strange and wonderful things that they do, are and say. 
 I am actually quite normal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx