Saturday, October 15, 2016

Our October Day 15 - From Tears to Smiles

There is nothing like a little kids joy. Seeing their faces light up, the smile that just gets bigger and bigger and the bouncy energy ooze. This was Jesse this morning when my friend (who we are staying with) whispered something in his ear that no one else could hear and stopped a major meltdown in its tracks.  Tears turned instantly into a grin and bounciness. I have never held that much power...EVER.  That is probably because my husband does not own or does not drive a "Monster Truck".

Jesse hasn't been coping this week with all the changes going on. I think everything is catching up on him and his tired and overwhelmed. Being away from Dad for the week didn't help either.  So we are have been having to weather a fair few meltdowns and tears. Its to be expected and it certainly doesn't surprise me. He has done well, they all have. I am so very proud of them. Fortunately for us we are staying with very cruisey friends who are pretty OK with Jesse and how he is at the moment. Which is why I was so grateful for my friend turning his meltdown into smiles.

She whispered in his ear that the monster truck was coming home and that he could go for a ride in it. Boom no more tears! Check out that smile. Doesn't he look so cute!! Oh boy I love him so much even if he is sending me some uber big challenges this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx