Friday, December 14, 2012

Tears for Time

For those who know me, you know that there are a number of things that can reduce me to tears.  Sad stories, Happy stories, Christmas parades (parades of any sort actually) Bag pipes, Medal Ceremonies, New Zealand Post Ads, Happy endings, other peoples tears....my list could go on and on!  Some are rather embarrassing and I would rather not mention them.  Some tears are on public display but some are private and only share with a few.  And at the moment tears come easily, especially when you are an over-reflector/thinker like me.  Oh I am so an over-thinker.  Normal people, think, feel and then move on. But not me. I think, think, reflect, analyse, analyse some more, feel, feel and them FEEL some more. Sometimes I write this process down, sometimes I pray and sometimes I just need to talk.  Thank you to the person that listens.

Time is really getting to me.  We don't have much and it goes far too quickly.  I mean my little man is TEN days already!! Where did the time go?  Casey is 11 now and I know that it is such a cliche but where has the time gone?  I may have only 7 years left of him being at home.  SEVEN short years - that's not long enough!

Time is relative to whats going on in ones life.  Time in the past has gone quickly. But if you are a kid, this time of year will be going at a snails pace.  The end of pregnancy can go slowly. A deadline can loom up at an impressive speed.

We all have the exact amount of time in the day and some people can pack a lot into their day, others plod through it.

The speed of which time is going, makes me very aware of how I spend it. Am I doing the things that really matter, things that are of lasting value?  Or am I just going through the motions just doing the things that steal moments or memory-making opportunities.  I am really trying hard to be better organised. I wouldn't say I was dis-organised I just feel I could be better at it.  Being disorganised is a time stealer.  I am making an effort to fold my washing AND put it away on the same day ( this is such a biggy because I REALLY hate folding washing).  In the past washing would pile up for a few days until I would reluctantly fold it!!  I am getting better.  So if you come to my house and fold some washing - I'll love you forever!



 

I am making an effort to have my bench clear by the end of the evening - I don't know why but my bench is a dumping ground for poor homeless objects! I am determine to win the war on bench-dumping practice!

I want to soak up the moments and time spent with my husband, my children, my family and friends!  Time with good friends is absolutely  priceless and I can't get enough of it.  It leaves me refreshed and uplifted.
 
Birthday picnicing in park with special friends!
 

 At the moment I am basking in the precious moments I have with Jesse, nourishing and nurturing him.  Especially at night where I can have him all to myself (during the day I have to share him with 6 other people - and just sometimes I don't want to share).  He oozes snuggly-ness and by golly I love it when I can lie in bed at night and envelope him into me and he suckles away and then drifts back off to sleep making all those delicious noises that only wee babies make.  Only God himself can make moments like that so delightfully precious!

 
 
 

Very VERY proud big sisters!
(although I have heard Kaitlyn pray on a number of occasions for a baby girl!)
 
 We have a poor wee sick Sophie at the moment who hasn't left the couch since yesterday morning.
As sick as she is, she loved having her toes painted bright pink!
 
 
 

We can only make a conscious effort to spend our time wisely, on people we love and things that matter!  To live intentionally!  To do away with time and moment stealers.  To be more organised!
Now I am off to get the washing in and FOLD it! 
 
But I might just have a cuddle with this wee little man first!

Isn't he delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx