Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inhale Deep....smell it!


Oh I just love how things smell.  Ok not EVERYTHING, obviously there are somethings that aren't pleasant to say the least.

Things like containers filled of coloured pencils hmmmm inhale deeply… Now that reminds me of childhood and colouring in books.  
Hmmm Coloured Pencils

 Washing thats dried on the line in the hot summer sun has a definite summery  smell.  You know that summer is on its way when your washing smells like that.  OOOOO ‘fresh bed’ is another one, you know when you remake the bed straight from getting the sheets in from drying in the sun.  I literally get into bed and wiggle and wriggle and snuggle in and say “ooooo fresh bed!” 
 Freshly cut grass.  Freshly baked bread. (Thats a biggy of Jamies)
Hmmm Fresh Bread

  Books ooooo another one of my favourites.  I have been known to open up books and smell them.  I am so weird!   I love the smell of Cumin, Cinnamon, Basil and  roasted Fennel seeds. Sunscreen smells like the beach on a hot summers day.  I am madly in love with the smell of newborn babies!  My sister will tell everyone that I will stick my nose almost inside a baby’s mouth just to inhale their sweet milky breath (has to be a breast fed baby – formula just doesn’t have that same fragrance) 
 Autumn leaves. Just cut firewood and timber products. Childrens hair just after its been washed.   Freshly ground coffee.
Hmmm Fresh Coffee

 A deep red wine. Open it and plonk your nose on the cork. SNIFF!  And there is something about the smell of onion, garlic and bacon being sautéed together.

 Funny enough, I actually don’t care too much for traditional perfume type smells.  They give me a headache.  I don’t wear a lot of perfume. I don’t use fragranced washing detergent or fabric softener.  I just find the aroma of those so fake and plastic.   Perhaps someone should bottle autumn leaves and coloured pencils maybe then I’ll wear it!
Scents also hold so many memories too, like Playdoh, oil of olay, crayons and vicks...... OH I could go on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx