Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fathers Day!

Weekend just past was Fathers Day! The kids were oh so excited and had been counting down the sleeps like it was their own birthday.   They just love giving presents. (although secretly I think that they love getting them more)  Sophie and Kaitlyn bounced on the bed to wake him up and hauled him into the lounge with the promise of 'Pwesents'!  Yah!!

We LOVE presents! (even if it is socks)
We spent a lovely family afternoon in the sun down at the BMX track. All the kids rode up and down the hills (including Sophie on her Plastic Three Wheeled Foot Powered Trike) and of course she rode down the biggest one and announced at the end "Whoa that was freaky fun!"  I was thinking "Whoa that is super scary!"

 I don't bother freaking out loud now, as it just freaks them out and thats when they usually crash, fall off, spill something, smash something or jam fingers.  I just loved watching them all navigate the jumps and the hills, the corners and around the BIG boys who were hanging out down there too.

The T-Shirt says it all!

Fathers are super special and Jamie is one of the best. We are so very blessed to have him in our lives! He oozes energy and is made out of fun and laughter.  He loves his kids sooooo much and its evident in all he does.  I don't know of too many fathers that would play musical beds at night. Last night saw him in Sophies bed and Sophie, Thomas and later on Kaitlyn in my bed.  The other night he spent on the pull out couch with Thomas who was sick.  He makes huts inside out of anything and everything.
'Umbrella Hut'

 Plays endless games of soccer.  Allows himself to get pummelled, tackled and sat on, on a daily basis.   It's all memories and my kids are going to have a truck load and then some!  Heres to Jamie, the Greatest Dad in the World!

1 comment:

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx