Saturday, February 22, 2014

In My Life This Month 3

So its been six months since I last did a "In My Life This Month" post. I suppose I should name it "Six Month Snapshot" or something. Thoughts???  Thank you to all my readers that have been checking in and been catching up on what we have been up to. I still get a kick out of the fact that people read what I write (and like it) It gives me warm fuzzies!  A lot can happen in ones family, in six months.  Things are forever changing.  I am getting better at accepting change and I can say that is only due to the fact that right now I feel like a boat without an anchor being taken along by the tide and the wind. 

On that note lets begin....


In our home school.....

Its just four weeks into the new school year and we are doing great!  I am feeling really positive about it too.  I have been working on being more disciplined with organisation.  This doesn't come naturally for me not to the degree that I have been anyway.  I am more naturally a "lets do what I feel like doing" or "it will be alright, no worries" type of person.  But with five kiddies needing my guidance and help with schooling I was in serious need of a system. 

I know I had this photo last time but I am pretty proud of myself about it!

 
One of my favourite things that some of the kids have done is discovering and learning the ancient Japanese art of Origami. (While it is actually only paper folding, doesn't the words 'ancient' and 'art'  make it sound so glamorous?)
 
So far we have made frogs and butterflies.  These frogs actually hop too!  Google is amazing!

I am inspired by.....SUMMER!  Oh how I love Summer!  Long summer days, hot evenings, cool drinks, swimming, and being outdoors.  Just to name a few!  Most definitely my favourite time of the year.

 
I love the vivid colours in this photo!  Unfortunately the grass is no longer green anymore due to the lack of rain.
 
I love how the sun makes the leaves on this tree glow!
 
Camping, my most favourite thing to do in summer!


 
Places we are going and people we are seeing....
 
Apart from our camping holiday we haven't really ventured too far a field this summer.  We had a day out at an International Polo game a couple of weekends ago.  I am pretty sure that we had set up camp right next to possibly the worlds flashiest horse truck. (Well actually they set up next to us)  I would love to know how they get and keep even the horse bit shiny and polished. It was cleaner and shinier than the inside of our van!  I wish I was brave enough to snap off some photos of it because it really was an eye opener.
 
We braved the rain while setting up but it soon cleared and boy did it get hot!




 
Part of Polo tradition  is that at half time the crowd watching ventures on to the field and if they find a divot they are suppose to put it back into its hole.  
 
 Jesse and I positioned ourselves at the corner for a time where we could get a great view complete with sound effects of the riders changing their horses, something that they do every four or five minutes.  They do this without even getting off the horse, they just jump from one to the other.
My favourite thing this month.....


 
Seeing my children enjoy what they are doing in school.  Tickles me pink!
Fluffy Lattes on the deck during morning break.
 
Check out my 'staff room!'


Love notes from my daughter!
What is working for us...
 
-Being more organised! 
-Having one of the kids bake every morning is helping me out a lot.  I love baking but having to do it on a daily basis can turn it into a chore especially when I have wee helpers that actually just want to eat the batter! 
-Incorporating computer based learning into our curriculum.
-Fitting in a workout in the afternoon.   I have been exercising for well over a year now and I can honestly say its become part of my lifestyle.  I don't feel right if I don't workout.  The kids are great and will look after Jesse so I can have my half an hour to myself if he isn't asleep.  Thanks kids!  I have just finished Jillian Michaels 30 day shred Challenge - Go ME!! My kids spent the last week counting down the days I had left of it and showered me with congratulations yesterday when I completed my last day of Level 3. Now I am off to find my next challenge!  Check it out here if you are curious. Thoroughly recommend it!! 30 Day Shred - Level one
 
What isn't working for us......
 
-The wind!!  For most of the summer the wind has been blowing the wrong way and straight in our backdoor.
Our lack of consistent water!  While this summer we have only run out of water once or twice because we have been super diligent at keeping an close eye on it.  Our vege garden is suffering from lack of rain and lack of water being pumped up from the farm tank.  I am frustrated!  You can't have abundant crops when you lack water!!
Flies!  I HATE FLIES!!!  I am convinced we have some kind of mutant strain of them here because they just don't DIE!!!
 
Question/thoughts I have.....
What will happen at the end of this year when Jamie finishes his studies?  What do I feel like eating?  (just being honest) Where can I find a pig?   How are we going to get through this next lot of birthdays coming up?   When do I plant leeks? 
 
Things that I am .... Reading - Waddi Creek by Kerry McGinnis                                                 
                                               - 1 Kings Chapter 6 to 8
                             Last Read  - Bloom by Kelle Hampton (a must read but seriously have a boxful                                                                                                 of tissues at the ready)
                              To Read   - ???  I don't have anything on the "to read' list at present, suggestions??
 
I am Cooking/Eating.....
-Lemon Slice, Chicken Salads, Chorizo Pizzas, Curries!!  I am in love with Indian Food.
 
I am grateful for.....An amazing husband, family, friends,and Healthy Children - especially after last summer!
 
I am praying for.....Gods provision and guidance I know I write this all the time but its our reality. We are in need of his DAILY provision. Jamie, as he begins his year of study.  Guidance as I launch a new ministry out into the community to assist new mothers this year - exciting as it is its also super scary!
 
Day in the Life Photos
 
This gorgeous wee man turned 1 in December. He brings such joy and laughter into our home. Before he was born it was hard to image our family being anymore cooler but it is so much better for having him in it!!

 
I love that my sweet girls still love to hold my hand!
 I have to be honest I hate it when they do this but they always have so much fun. I cringe inside at the thought of sand in the hair, in the clothes and being traipsed through the house!
 
I just love my house!
                                                
 
 
So how has your February been this year??

 


 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely blog!! I love you house too! And I love your family xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx