Monday, October 3, 2016

Our October Day 4 - No More Sugar Coating

So let’s not sugar coat it.  I can’t do that anymore. Here we are again. Two days out and still we have nowhere to go. So essentially we are homeless, a homeless family. That is a hard thing to type so I know it will be a hard thing to read also.  It’s a bitter pill to swallow. But it’s the truth.  Us…homeless. I don’t know why that is, I wish I knew the reason. But by golly I will rock this homeless stint like the warrior women I am!
We are a nice family. Yes we have seven kids but we are nice, we are hardworking, My husband has a job, we love each other, are good parents, we love and serve our community, are kind and generally do our best. We take care of our things, we feed our kids well, we pay our bills, mow our lawns, grow veges, have car insurance, bake biscuits and we don’t owe any money. We want the best out of life. Probably what you call…normal kiwis, like the ones you see down the street or in the supermarket but we are homeless. Maybe that’s the point…we are to rip up the long held, stereo-typical view of homelessness and put a new face to modern day homeless people.
In two days’ time I don’t know what will happen and where we will be…but we will be together. I am well aware that the rental market isn’t good for renters. That rent is high and rentals are scarce, and good rentals are even scarcer. I know. But this will not break us and we will and do choose to still love and serve our God.  Don’t get me wrong I have many questions for Him, many many questions. Over the past few days he has been leading me to Habakkuk of late and two verses have really spoken to me.
Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls.
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!.
The Lord is my Strength, my personal bravery and….will make me walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make progress…” – Hab 3:17-19

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfilment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day – Hab 2:3
                                                                                           
We choose to continue to be thankful for the journey we are on even though it’s not going to how we think it should. We choose to be thankful for where we are and what we have. We choose to openly love and serve our God… thankful for His plan. We are still blessed a thousand times over.


“For I know that plans I have for you, says the Lord, …plans for good and not for evil, to give you hope and a future. – Jer 29:11


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I saw your blog on facebook earlier this week and you have been on my heart. Have you found somewhere for your family? I wish I could help but we are currently living with a friend whilst we look for somewhere for our family too. Many blessings Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx