Friday, October 21, 2016

Our October Day 21 - Quality Time

What do pink and silver jandels, a pink.clip board, a white board framed in pink and a packet of six silver earrings all have on common? Any guesses?  They are all things that Kaitlyn (9) brought with her own money when I took her out for some quality time this morning.  Being one of seven kids, time alone with Mum or Dad can be very hard to get. More often than not at least one other sibling ends up joining in or coming along with them.  Kaitlyn had been asking for a few days to go 'shopping' with me after I brought home some new earrings.  So today we found some time that would work for both Jamie and I and I took her out, just her and went shopping to spend her very own money.

We had a lovely time wandering around the shop, looking and carefully choosing each item, adding them up to make sure she had enough and if she would get change. She really really wanted to get change...not because she didn't want to spend all her money but to actually get change back in her hand.

So here are the really cool pink and silver jandels....she wears them with pride. And seeing her happy makes me happy too.

I have another Mother Daughter date coming up soon.....as Sophie has seen her sister go out and have a great time and come back with exciting things, she wants a turn. Fair enough....I am not complaining at all...its shopping and time with one of my favourite girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx