Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Our October Day 26 - Sleepless Night

Hands up who is sick of this weather?!  Rain rain go away and don't come back for at least a week!  Its driving me crazy and the kids even crazier!  Last night was not a good night sleep-wise. Frankie was awake for three hours for reasons unknown.  She did tell me that she was hungry at one stage and asked for food and told me where it was located. So basically told me to get out of bed and get it for her. Unfortunately she still didn't get sleepy for another hour and a half.  But I couldn't sleep either so it wasn't really too much of a problem...the problem was that she wanted to lie on me or kick me in the back or tuck her toes into the back of my pajama pants.  I was wired.  Like I had a coffee just before bed. I literally wasn't not sleepy but I was tired. Does that happen to you?  This is me often....I have a lot going on in my head. Last night I was writing chapters of my book...in my head, praying for people..... in my head, writing messages....in my head, sending emails....in my head and planning three birthdays and a Christmas..... all in my head. And now I am tired and fading it fast this afternoon.  Perhaps I should of just got out of bed and did all that stuff so I could sleep. But then who would Frankie talk to if not me??

I have been thinking about the word 'Empower' a lot lately.  Isn't it such a beautiful word?  I think it is such a strong and emotive word.  Its one thing I wish to be...... 'empowering'. We women need to be better at this for each other...instead of tearing each other down, being jealous, undermining, gossiping.....lets be empowering. Whoa awesome word! Let us celebrate who we are created, uniquely created in Gods perfect image. When we celebrate, we fill with value, we respect, we strengthen who they are, we love unconditionally, we encourage, we EMPOWER someone to be all that God has called them to be.

"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless" - Isaiah 40:29

Photo not my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx