Monday, October 10, 2016

Our October Day 10 - Space

Just look at this space. If you look closely enough you could possibly see a speck in the middle of the photo. That is a lone man and his dog. So apart from the kids and I and that man all the way down the beach...there is no one else on the beach. Peaceful. Spacious. "A fish can breathe out here" (a Nemo quote if you didn't know - on of my favourite movies)

This here is where I grew up. Right here walking this exact stretch of beach, swimming in these breaks and watching the surfers catch waves (in the section of beach behind me). What a place to grow up!  There is always something comforting about coming home and I am not talking about the house although thats always nice, but its about the place, the smell, the contours of the land and the memories. Its healing. Maybe I needed some of that.

The kids traveled very well although it took us a very long time to get here because we  stopped numerous of times for a 'country pee', to stop to for lunch and to put our feet in the natural thermal springs. Are you surprised that Jesse needed a clothing change from so called paddling in the lake and one of my kids who shall remain nameless took back to the car after a large black swan got a bit too intimate for his liking.

We have no plans for the week other than just 'be'. I do have some work to do over the week which I can do at my leisure...in between walks along the beach and coffee breaks. I will not be complaining.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx