Thursday, October 27, 2016

Our October Day 27 - Filling My Tank

One more sleep. One. I have been looking forward to this coming weekend for a good few months now. Actually I can't remember when we arranged it but it seems like a lifetime ago. Tomorrow afternoon I am off to spend some good quality time with my bestie at her house.I am filling my tank! I am EXCITED! I so need this. I NEED this! As much as I love my family and doing what I do...its time for a break.  A while at this moment in time I feel like I need a month of Sundays of rest and replenishment....I am grabbing hold of this time away with her with both hands and NOT letting go.  I am even missing a FABULOUS event at church because of this weekend away but I am more than happy with that. Sad that I'll miss it but I am ok with it.

From time to time I have written about my bestie who if you have been reading along happens to also be my sister in law. This is the person who I share my life with.....my joys, tears, worries, happiness, achievements, We go deep her and I. Our relationship is one of substance, longevity, and depth.   I love her. She makes me laugh, challenges me and inspires me to be and do better. So can you see why I am just so looking forward to having the entire weekend with her! And for the first time in a very long time I am not bringing one of my kids along because they have been just a little bubba or a bigger bubba that has been still breastfeeding....nope this time they are all staying behind for Jamie to look after. Oh I am going to be able to sleep with no one tucking their toes into the back of my pj bottoms or waking me up because they need a midnight snack. S-L-E-E-P!!

I know that I will miss my kids especially all the hugs I get all day...but thats something to look forward to when I get back isn't it.  I mean how can you not miss this face...and there is six more just like it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx