Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm thinking...

I am not sure what photos I am going to put up today. Actually I am not sure how to say what is on my heart to say but it needs to come out.   

So sad!!
                                             
I heard a very very sad thing today. Someone said to me "well I have to get rid of the kid somehow!"
RID OF THE KID!!  Do they listen to themselves?  Clearly not! AND her precious child was right next to her.  How did he feel to hear, the person that he probably loves the most in the world, annouce that she wanted to get rid of him? 

Sadder still...is this is a norm, an everyday comment, a roll-off-the-tongue and often said in jest.  Is the world not getting it!  Our children, our precious gifts, our blessings from God (am I sounding like Whitney Houston at the moment?) are being reduced to comments like "get rid of the kid!" 

I makes me sad, it breaks my heart.

Please don't get me wrong I get sick of my kids, sick of the mess, the fighting, the yelling, cleaning up, making meals, tidying rooms, wiping bottoms, washing faces etc etc. I yell (yes I yell) I cry, occasionally slam doors ( I know real mature!)  My children can be down-right scally-wags!!


This is what happens when my girls try to tidy my linen cupboard!

BUT I love them, I love who they are, love that they are creative, their ability to stand up for themselves, their ability to make themselves heard, their ability to entertain and fend for themselves, their ability to have fun out of nothing, their ability to laugh at themselves (and at me).

Big Brothers!
Love
  

Parents, please embrace your children! Love them, spend time with them, make memories with them, read to them, inspire them, kiss them, hug them and colour their world! 





This isn't about being a stay-at-home mother vs going-out-to-work mother. Its about using and spending the time we do have.....Loving on our children!




Old men can make war, but it is children who will make history
Ray Merritt - Full of Grace 



3 comments:

  1. I've never heard anyone say that! I hope it's not a norm! Your linen cupboard made me laugh, this morning my son pulled all of the towels out of the cupboards to reorganize, so now they are all back in there 'folded' his way :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sharni. This is so sad and the effect these throwaway comments have on children is enormous. I love your wonderful mother heart and your children are SO lucky to have a mum who can embrace an untidy linen cupboard when its been 'tidied' for her. Love your photos, love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post - this totally breaks my heart too. so sad...
    thank you for commenting on my blog and introducing yourself. stop by again and say hi :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx