Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Our October Day 12 - A Day Out

So much has changed since I lived here. It certainly seems like a life time ago that I called this home. I was 18 when I left and have never lived here since. My family calls the Hawkes Bay home and my mum and my sister still live in the small beach village where I grew up. I always miss it when I drive down that familiar road.  The house still look the same although most have had a lick of paint since I left, a few art galleries have popped up, the local shop is now a wee supermarket, a coffee cart is just down the road (how handy) and wineries dot the beach front road...nice!

We took a casual trip to Napier today....again so much has stayed the same yet its so different. Its nice to take the kids around the places that I used to visit as a kid.  The long road into Napier along the water front, a meander around the port where we used to stop for ice cream from a Mr Whippy but this time we sat and watched the huge fork lifts and cranes load a cargo ship. Poor Mr Whippy can no longer park there as the cliff is crumbling away.  The kids clambered around the rocks at Perfume Point and play in the playground that I used to play on (its had a face-lift since then), we walked along the new pier type walkway that juts out over the breaks of the waves and we dipped out fingers in the fountain that changes colour at night.  All topped off with cuddles and snuggles with the newest cousin. Check out that head of hair.

I am spying out french pastries from that coffee cart just down the road with a superb cup of coffee for tomorrow morning. Why would I? Its just down the road...plus its French pastries and coffee...come on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx