Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Junes Jottings Day 9 - Nothing is Impossible

So just in case you were wondering because I am sure you were, I am about three quarters of my way through my giant Mt Washington which includes today's washing. Wahoo go me! 


I have stopped for a break not because it's tiring but really because I am addicted to this book I am reading. Its so good. One of the best but most challenging quotes I have ever read in any book is 


"Believing that God can do something is different from trusting Him to do it." 


That sentence right there totally wrecked me! Wow! I felt like I had been hit with a plank of wood. You either trust his Word of you don't.....there is no in between, no faith somewhere in the middle and no grey area. You can not sit on the fence and reason. You do or you don't. And it's easy to say you do when you are looking back and applying that statement to the past or even looking forward and saying you will trust him in the future. Because when faced with an issue or circumstance that is all up in your face screaming "what are you going to do about it?" and pushing you around like a big schoolyard bully. Right there is where it counts.....Right in the actual moment. So we need to know who our God is and we need to KNOW His Word and His Promises are. 


I have big dreams which I know come from God. How do I know they are from God? Because they are far far to big to think that I would ever be able to accomplish them on my own and in my own strength. And I know me! I know what I am like! So if God is going to accomplish these big things through me then I have to know Him and I certainly have to TRUST Him and push through all obstacles that may present themselves. My job is obey, walk, act and TRUST! Phew! He will do the impossible! 


So are you going to trust Him with your impossible? 


"For nothing is Impossible with God." Luke 1:37



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx