Saturday, June 11, 2016

Junes Jottings Day 11 - How We Roll


What started off a pretty dark and dingy kind of day early this morning actually turned out to be a pretty beautiful day.   Soccer, the thing we do around here, its how we roll on a Saturday morning all winter long. Taking a break over the school holidays but right through to September.   

I do not enjoy the early mornings when its cold, foggy, damp, frosty or raining.  It makes the morning that much harder especially when you have little people in tow. The get wet, they are cold, they cry, they want to sit down on the ground or climb on me. If the pushchair is around they fight over that, they can run on to the field or even kick spare practice balls into the game play.  Lets just say its an ordeal and one I do not do very well. BUT today, today was a great day. Admittedly it did start off pretty dark and damp but I was prepared. Prepared with two kiddie size seats, a lunch box filled with an array of food, drink, toys and coffee for me (very important). Dressed warm and gumboots on we made a day of it and well...we all enjoyed ourselves.  A big fat tick for me. We watched one game and then the second half of the another which was across town.   

I am not going to lie it always gives me warm fuzzies when I hear stranger talk about how cute and well behaved my kids are. I feel like hugging said strangers and saying "Thank you! Seriously you have no idea...but thank you anyway"  Not that my kids are little menaces or anything but you know what kids can be like.....crazy!

The morning gave way to a very productive afternoon we I 95% finished paperwork for Loving Arms. Its so nice knowing that I nearly have finished it. And then we were treated to a very very nice dinner out with great like-minded friends. A dinner where we played being adults. We didn't have to hurry through dinner so we could leave. No taking anyone to the toilet three times each, no split drink, no nappy changes, no fighting over who is sitting were and we could actually hold full on adult conversations. Very very very blessed indeed.  It was a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx