Thursday, June 30, 2016

June's Jottings Day 30 - Slow

Most of the time I enjoy slow...slow days, slow food and slow time spent with good friends and family.  There is definitely an art to living SLOW in today's crazy instant work. But is saying that today I have certainly had enough of SLOW.  I am over winter already and certainly over this horrible wet weather we have been having for like seven days in a row now.  I am not impressed.  Winter...the time when all of my children are indoors all at the same time all of the time.  Some days its enough to drive anyone crazy. I had long and boring day today.  Do you have those too? You know the days when the walls seem to keep closing in on you, the kids get louder, the house gets messier, the washing pile gets higher and the pantry gets emptier. Days where the idea of school is very attractive.

But in all of this...I know that it is only for a time. The house will soon be tidy and the washing folded AND put away. The sun will be shining again and maybe even the pantry will be full. I do need little moments in days like today to remind myself what its all about, the reason for all of this. Time. Time to just be with no pressure.

 I captured this photo today of Jesse playing happily by himself, no interruptions, no instructions and no worries. Just him, his imagination, his trucks and blocks. SLOW play. I do like SLOW play. Yes the blocks were strewn from one end of the room to the other but thats easy fixed. He played like this for nearly an hour. This made me smile, made my day really.

Tonight's date night...all the kids have been dispersed to all corners of the house and are QUIET. Hallelujah! We are having Grilled Chicken Salad for our grown ups dinner which will be in peace, with no interruptions. Hallelujah! Its been a busy time of late so we are both looking forward to our evening. SO I'd better fly!  Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx