Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June's Jottings Day 8 - Mt Washington

This is what I am facing this evening......ugh. My Mt Washington. It's only a day and a half old and look at how big it is already. This is what I get when I leave folding and putting it away for more than a day. But as you know life gets on the way and truthfully there is not only more important and way more fun things to do than to fold washing. 


Yes given a choice to fold washing or hang and chat with friends and family.....then guess what I am choosing the latter. Probably to the detriment to my sanity a little way down the road because this beauty only gets bigger around here and pretty soon my family is dressing themselves from the washing pile. 


So there has to be a happy balance doesn't there? But I can't seem to find it. I have been trying really really hard at folding washing as it comes in off the line and I did pretty well for a week or so. I was quite proud of myself. But it fell over yesterday when my day was all out of whack as Jamie was sick. Now I am back to this. But while I was really on to it about getting through my washing, folding and putting it away I actually became obsessed with it. Obsessed with getting it in the wash and having an empty washing basket albeit for like 5mins. Obsessed with getting it in and folded by a particular time....So obsessed that while my window seat looked tidy and the drawers were full everything else was suffering and I was exhausted! 


So inclusion....it's just not me, well certainly not me at this stage of life. Like you, I lead a busy life so I'll give myself a break and do it when I get to it. But the thing is I will not let my washing pile and the state of my house have bearing on my ability to be awesome or have influence on whether or not I am a good mother or not. It's irrelevant....it's washing for crying out loud. What matters is my sanity, my ability to function well as a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend and all the other hats I wear. Those are the things I want to do well. Those are the things that matter. How's your washing pile?! 



1 comment:

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx