Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Junes Jottings Day 29 - Shopping with a 3 Year Old

Take Jesse shopping, "it will be fun" he said.  Shopping with a active and independent three old on a wet rainy day is not my idea of fun but I relented and Jesse came with me into town to drop off a bundle for Loving Arms to a local mum and to do the weekly shop. There is a difference between Jamie and I shopping is that he makes it fun for whoever is shopping, I just like to get in there and get out again because I hate doing it. This is why the majority of the time Jamie does the shopping.

Jesse is probably like most three year olds, running here there and everywhere. Touching and wanting to put things in the trolley. Also climbing in the trolley, climbing under the trolley, trying to push the trolley and trying to pull the trolley. But what Jesse likes to do that maybe your little angels don't is hide from me. He likes to ferret out nooks and crannies behind the boxed product on the lower shelf and hide. Just when I am getting a little worried he has run off he sticks his head out of a "window" (a space for a box) and yells "hi mum!". He also lies across the top of the nappies and the toilet paper or if given half the chance will attempt to make a fort with the giant packs of toilet paper.

Today he also discover that he could restack the sugar packs to a more functional state and then pull all the tomato sauce forward and turn the cans around so they are forward facing. Maybe he will get a job soon because he did a darn good job!

Honestly I thought he was being funny and having fun. He wasn't in anyones way, hurting anyone or screaming the shop down. He was just being three, a very active three year old. So I did happen to snap this photo of him in his toilet paper 'castle', before I got him down.  He certainly did enjoy his shopping trip even if I was a little frazzled.  I actually wish I could make a toilet paper fort. How much fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx