Sunday, June 5, 2016

June's Jottings Day 5 - Some Things About Sunday

How was your Sunday? Did you get a sleep in? Did you relax? Did you read a good book name drink copious amounts of coffee? 


Our Sundays are usually pretty busy which is why we have chosen as a family to make our "weekend " Friday and Saturday. You can do that when you home-school. Together as a family enjoy those two days more or less like a weekend. Seeing it is Sunday and I am usually tired on a Sunday evening I thought I would share some of the Sunday's activities with you.  


Woke @ 7am. Not so cool when you know it's Sunday. Fought the kids for the hot water to shower. Church at 830am. Got to listen to my husband preach with a sense of both pride and humbleness that God has chosen us for this journey PLUS I get to journey with a super hot hubby (seen here). Fantastic message. Lunch at church and got to connect with some super lovely people. Some old friends some new all equally wonderful. Said goodbye to husband who is disappearing with two mates hunting/camping with friends. Brrrrr cold! 


Home to tidy my house which looks as though a tornado has hit it. I would of been highly embarrassed if someone was to pop in. Hang two loads of washing. Iced yesterday's slice. Cautioned kids on bonfire safety. Made beds. Think about dinner. Enjoyed coffee whilst chatting to my mum on the phone while trying to lose squabbling kids at the same time rescue the choc chip jar from three and one year old. Round up children for chores. Drive to pick up son from friends. Get two different loads of washing in. Cook dinner. Enjoyed the company of a lovely friend and her kids for dinner and chats. Snuggle baby girl to sleep, snuggle three year old son to sleep. Convince two girls it's time for bed. Set time limits on boys gaming time. Sit. Look forward to watching an episode or two of Code Black and feed my inner wanna-be ED nurse from long ago. 


So there you have my seemingly normal busy average Sunday because that's what we do around here. How bout you? What did you do in this normally average kind of Sunday? 


Photo by Phil Strong


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx