Thursday, June 23, 2016

Junes Jottings Day 23 - For a Time Such as This

I am buzzing!  Totally excited and high as a kite.  My meeting went very well and I didn't get overwhelmed by the 'power' and 'influence' in the room.  I certainly didn't say an awful lot but what I did have to say was on point,  Sometimes something that appears to be difficult can be put in the right perspective with such a simple concept or sentence in this case.  Obviously I can't share anything of the meeting due to the sensitivity of it but know that the best outcome for the women that our maternity system cares for is very near and that of course is what matters to me.

I have been talking to God a lot, actually I talked to Him all the time but I have been pressing in to Him about this meeting, seeking His guidance and wisdom and confidence in my contribution. I wanted my contribution to matter and to count for something. After all that is what I am there for. I was reminded of a particular passage in Esther where she was being challenged by her Uncle about the possible reason why she was Queen and I was greatly encouraged by it when I read it.

"For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall rise for the Jews from elsewhere, but you and your fathers house will perish. And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion." Esther 4:14

In the words of Ps Rick Warren "God doesn't recruit you without a calling, God calls everybody to use the gifts and the passion that they have but not everyone picks up the phone."

Is God calling you?  Will you pick up the phone, answer and say hello?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx