Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June's Jottings Day 22 - My Working Break

Can you guess where I am at the moment?  Well I'll give you a clue I am sitting in a place that starts with M and ends with cCafe.  After various drop off in town and not really wanting to drive all the way back out to my house (all of 9km) I thought that I would take this opportunity to squirrel myself away in the corner here and do some work, some reading uninterrupted and in relative peace.

I have a big meeting tomorrow and if I am really honest I am feeling totally out of my depth. I am feeling like a small fish in a really really big ocean. A REALLY BIG ONE. Actually I am feeling a little fraudulent. I am nervous about tomorrows meeting. Sometimes I am shy and feel like I have nothing to say. (yes I am being serious) I don't know why as the people that I am meeting with are all on my side!!  We are all on the same team. But they are BIG people (not in size but all are taller than me) but big in name, qualification, influence and presence. And then there is me....a wee mum of seven, who actually enjoys being at home with her family but has a burning passion for women and changing the current maternity system for the better so that they receive first class care and respect.

So as I head off into my meeting tomorrow afternoon I will be remembering that I am there on a God appointment. I am there to be a voice. I am there because I am passionate. And I am there because I am qualified even though I don't feel like it.

 I read the other day that when you are faced with doing something uncomfortable there is your chance for growth. Ugh. I like the growth part just not the uncomfortable part.

 I will remember this tomorrow, I will be praying and thanking God for this opportunity.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." - 2 Tim 1:7


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx