Monday, June 20, 2016

June's Jottings Day 20 - The Art of Doing Nothing

I confess I have lost the art of doing nothing. Its harder than you think to do nothing. I have been thinking a lot about Emotional Wellness and whether or not I am doing ok in that area. Hmmmm I don't think I am bad but I could definitely better. 


There isn't too often I don't have anything to do....probably like you there is always something to go, there is always a number of things on my "to-do" list. More often than not feel guilty if I sit and relax or do nothing when there is things on my list. Today was not a good day for me.


I had a very bad headache all day and was tight and sore across my neck and shoulders probably causing my headache. I think I have been squeezing to much into my week and it was catching up on me. 


So I tried to do nothing today that is after doing my morning jobs and school with the kids. As I said.....doing nothing is REALLY hard. REALLY HARD. Lucky one of my favourite magazines came in the mail today....thanks to a super gorgeous friend who blessed me with a subscription. And wouldn't you know look what it is about! Do you think I am suppose to be learning something? None of us are invincible.....yes even you! And NONE of you are replacable. 


So girls.....let's practice the art of doing nothing for a while. Psst when you master it please let me know how you did that. So I enjoyed a bit of downtime this afternoon flicking through the magazine and being inspired to chill out and live a more simple and clean life. 


How is your downtime going? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx