Sunday, October 23, 2016

Our October Day 24 - For Those Less Fortunate

You know I think the best thing to do when you are feeling sorry for yourself. Time with and talking to God and helping someone else. Both things take your mind off what is happening around you and your circumstances and puts your focus on the greatest source strength there is and on to others than might be in a worse situation than you.

Today I spent some time with a beautiful lady sorting and tidying the Loving Arms container.  Clothes to put away, blankets to fold, toys to go through, space to find and a wee bundle to pack up and pass on to another gorgeous mother-to-be.   The best bit about today was getting to spend it with a lady that I usually only connect with via Facebook messenger. So hanging out with her in person was so lovely and it makes the job of all that sorting so much more fun.

Right now I cannot spend too much time in my head....I tend to think about and reflect on things way too much and for me that leads me into a unsettled space. So having some time to focus on something completely different, something that is only a benefit to someone else is good, its what I need to do.

Loving Arms has been exceedingly busy over this past 28 days...helping out 9 mothers or mothers-to-be.  Some of their stories are really heart-breaking and reduces me to tear when I talk about them. To know that we are truly making a difference in someones...some peoples lives is an indescribable feeling. Serving them as if we would serve Christ...giving our very best so they feel valued, loved and worthy.

 Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. - Isaiah 58:10-11


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx