Saturday, October 8, 2016

Our October Day 8 - Typical Saturday

With my husband away (again) with the two older boys at a conference...we were left to have the day to ourselves.  Not that there is a lot of "day-to-ourselves" you can do with seven kids...but we managed.   A walk through town for coffee because we are in town now and thats what town people do.....a walk to the skate park/bike track for an hour or so.  I love that we have this available in town here...the kids love it....even Frankie got some speed up going around the track up and down the wee hills.  She thought she was a big girl and took her and her wee bike (ride on) off to go and join in with all the towns big kids on the skate park.  She has little fear.

But other than that it was a typical Saturday...lawns mowed, bathrooms cleaned, washing hung out, got in and folded.  I have come to realise that housework is so much more fun and bearable when you are doing it with someone else...sharing the load so to speak.

I am continuing to be blessed by beautiful people contacting me with beautiful words of encouragement, offers of help and suggestions of what to do. People are so kind.  The kids are so amazing....they have been amazing in handling our current situation. Its like they think this is what normal people do. We are hoping to venture down to my Mums for a four nights for a wee holiday and change of scenery. Just some space to get away from everything up here.  It will be nice once I get there...I don't really like traveling especially on my own but once I get there it will be good.

Looking forward to church tomorrow and YAY my husband is home now. Maybe I can get some decent sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx