Friday, October 7, 2011

Making Memories

I am really big on making memories and building traditions for my children.
Sometimes you just have to do things on purpose to build memories for your kids.  Sometimes you have to put in a bit of an effort especially when you just can't be bothered.  I tell people that if you want your children to have good family memories and traditions, YOU have to make them happen.   Like I really want my kids to have cool memories of summer camping holidays, so what do we do, we camp every summer!

So if you want your kids to have memories of family backyard cricket then I am sorry but you are actually going to have to play backyard cricket!

Just recently just for practice (with summer camping coming up and all) the kids made a wee 'campfire' and we roasted marshmallows.  (at the time all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and read my book)



One of the things that my children just love to do is to roast marshmallows over a 'campfire' and moosh them in between Chocolate Thin biscuits and shove them in their mouths.  All sticky, all gooey!


We even have especially made marshmallow roasting prongs that are extra long so no one gets there eyebrows singed off!




I had forgotten how sickening they can be after the fifth one!  I am so greedy!



I think the boys just like to muck around with the fire too! (Dad included)



Happy Memory Making




1 comment:

  1. You guys are such an awesome family unit - my mentors / role models for making our children's childhood fun! Love you all dearly. T x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx