Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Groove-less


Have you ever had one of those days, (weeks, months or years) that you feel like you haven't quite got your groove on.  Yesterday was one of those days (if I am completely honest I have been having a few in the last little while)  You know almost in an instant soon after your feet hit the ground in the morning that  perhaps at some stage during the night, you lost your groove.  I spent the whole day trying to catch up with myself.  Breakfast was chaotic, morning clean up time was chaotic, school was chaotic and bitzy and on and on and on. It effected every part of my day.  You know its really bad when you are wondering around and around the house feeling bored, tired and apathetic!  I was really looking forward to the day being over and crawling into bed and sleeping into the next day with the hope that it will be hundred times better.

I think the kids pick up on me sending out 'groove-less' vibes.  They know - oh how they know!  And boy do they milk it for all its worth.  And all I want to do is scream "Do I look like I am in the mood for this!"  Actually I do think I said that a number of times yesterday and then I went and gave myself time out for it. In other words I went and lay on my bed in self imposed quiet time. I tried to give all 5 kids quiet time but very soon discovered that that was next to impossible - and that it was far easy for me to go to time-out.  Just me, the cat and a book, door closed, ahhhhh semi-peace (I say semi-peace because I could still hear them through the closed door)

Today was a better day.  School was better, I spent time with a friend and I got a lovely surprise box of chocolates and a beauitful card left on my side of the bed from my husband.   Tonight I actually wanted to cook tea and that can only come from having a better day.

Now don't get me wrong, which is always a fear of mine when I come out and say that I had a bad day or that I am struggling, that it will come across like I am complaining and not enjoying life, my children or where God has me at the moment.  I do and I am.  But like everyone else, one cannot have it all together all of the time.  We are allowed to be groove-less at times.  I could put it down to hormones or being 32 weeks pregnant, or any number of things but hey it could be just a groove-less day.  And I give YOU permission to feel groove-less from time to time and not feel bad about it!

Anyway check out some of these photos from over the past week!

Kaitlyn (5) had collected a bunch of feathers off the side of the road after one of our chickens get runover by a car.  She wanted to make an old fashion pen to write with.  As soon as I had made one I said to Jamie, "I just know I am going to have to make four more of these"  and what happened?  I had to make four more of them!  So five broken pens later and feather clipping around the place we had five 'old fashion' pens! 


 
The strawberries are in and looking great!  We have four of these strawberry patches and are looking forward to a good harvest of them!
 
 
 
My cat likes to hide in boxes!
Just about the right size, don't you think?
 
I love what children come up to do and create when you leave them to their own devices.  Too many times I have heard parents (myself including) interrupt  childrens play, creativeness and even them just being with statements, questions or at its worst trying to create teaching moments.  For example  when a child has lined up the chairs and is playing trains/buses and the parent (with all good intentions of course) come in and say "Oh look at you!  What are you playing?  Do you know how many chairs you have lined up?  What if I took two away, how many would you have then?"  You know what I don't think they really care, they were just playing!!
Kaitlyn quite often goes away and creates by herself and I have learnt not to interrupt (just like I don't like to be talked to while I am writing)
This was one of her creations.


 
Sophie (3) just being cute!

 
Thanks to her big brother Casey taking her training wheels off and her other big brother Jayden, Dad and Poppa Peter teaching her.  Kaitlyn can now ride her bike on two wheels!  It was just a day later and she was doing hill starts! Scary for her Mum (It pays not to watch too much)


 
No its not the planet Mars, it is my (then) 31 week pregnant stomach and its only going to get bigger.  As you can see my feet are long gone!  Those chocolates Jamie bought aren't going to help either.  I did have a normal photo taken of my pregnant self but...well...not really super confident about it. 

 
It took me a while but I did it.  I worked out how to upload a video to YouTube and therefore upload on to here.  Aren't I clever!
 
 
So thats about it, a week in pictures. 
 
How is your week going?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx