Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bring it on!

I have been looking forward to this weekend for a L-O-N-G time.  The beginning weekend of December, the offical beginning of summer and my dear husbands birthday.  This year the challenge was issued...family against family (all in love of course) for....


Yeah I know what you are thinking... Black Fern Lodge,.....'Waimiha'  (pronounced Y-me-ha) where the heck is that?
Well it is actually in the middle of nowhere so you can be forgiven for never hearing of it.



Its an old wool shed that has been converted into a lodge that is big enough to sleep our two families. No cell phone coverage here!  Bliss!

Saturday saw us ALL (adults included) glue-ing, tying, cutting, sawing and constructing our rafts, using bamboo, ice blocks sticks, plastic bottles, bark, pieces of timber, string, fern and I even saw some Dandelions stuck on a raft.

 


 

 

I just love how everyone came up with their own design....created all by themselves.

Nearly race time.... First a pre-race meeting.


Off we go!


On your marks...get set....GO!


This is one of my favourite. Kaitlyn rescuing her raft.  (Note the jandals in the hand) So cute!



Miss Tahlia waiting to see who actually won!



  Any guess to who actually won???  Yep me darling husband won, of course he did!  BUT we all had fun, ALL got wet and all have GREAT memories.

Is that not what families are great at.... I love mine!  The whole lot of them.....Budds1 and Budds2


I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he is rich - Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis, M*A*S*H


(more Waimiha Photos to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx