Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Peace reigns...for now

Can you hear it?  ..........Yes that my friend is called PEACE and it is very rare and very sacred in my house. The older boys are out at for the evening (so is their Dad) and they younger three are snugly tucked up in bed.  Although I had to convince Sophie (4) that tonight wasn't a good night for a pyjama party. Where she gets these random ideas from I don't know.........Hang on.......Well that didn't last long did it.   Unbeknown to me the girls had sneakily shut their bedroom door and proceeded to have a wee bit of a pyjama party complete with the application of blue make up and white cream on the face.  As I said where they get these ideas from ...well I just don't know.  Plus on the back of very loud protesting when I put a dampener on said pyjama party, Jesse was rudely woken up and needed some loving to put him back to sleep.  Not that I minded snuggling on the couch with him in my arms, its one of my most favourite things to do.

I told you peace was a rarity here.  So half an hour later here we are. I have twenty or so minutes to get something down on 'paper' before the others get home.

Its autumn. Not my favourite time of year at all.  Give me Summer and Spring days any day.  I am battling with getting my washing dry. At present there is a three to four day turn around time for clothes to be washed and dried and put back into drawers. So as you can imagine my 'to-be-washed' pile is super huge. I wish I had a drier but not the bill that goes with it though. But in all the dampness and cold-but-not-too-cold days these is a beauty that autumn does display.
 The beauty of COLOUR.
 Casey took this photo the other day, just one of the many foggy but beautiful sunrises we get treated to.
 
Autumns richest colours


 I love this photo.
This Cherry Tomato plant look like its bejewelled with rubies. 
 
Kaitlyn just loves to take herself off and spend vast amounts of time creating and just being.  I love that she has the freedom to do this.  Here she is building a 'Fairy' house.

           
 
 Just one of the many beautiful trees that turns gorgeous shades of autumn...

 
But with beautiful trees comes piles and piles of leaves!


 In School......We spent some time looking at Yeast.  Its actually quite fascinating believe it or not. So we had a go at making some Ginger Beer.  I had never made it before so it was a bit of a gamble to whether or not it was going to work or not.

 
 
  (Our Ginger Beer Making
did not look like the picture below)
 
 
The finish product really surprised me in how it turned out (sadly I didn't get a photo of it) but it was actually REALLY fizzy when we opened it AND tasted not too bad either.  But for future reference less lemon and more ginger!  Most definitely be making it again.


 Jesse, our wee man is SUPER DUPER cute!  Nearly six months now and is growing so fast. I know I always say that they don't stay little for long but they so don't.  He is sitting now can you believe it?! I can't! He can still fold himself completely in half with his feet up by his ears.  He hasn't quite worked out whether or not he wants to suck his thumb or his fingers so just goes with whatever reaches his mouth first, sometimes its even his arm. Still spends the majority of the night snuggled up next to me and likes to sleep with one hand on my cheek. Bless him. Still prefers to sleep on the couch during the day in amongst all the noise and goings on. (see below picture) Sleeping in the resounding quiet of the bedroom just wakes him up, go figure.  Loves to grab the cat when she walks past and intensely watches the ducks and chickens when we feed them.  Loves to bath and splash water all over himself.
By GOLLY he is just so darn cute!
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday to you!
 
  Ps.  The Dress!  Well I tried it on again tonight  AND I fit it!!!  BUT I could fit it better.  But it is still very exciting considering I wouldn't of been able to get it anywhere near me four months ago!  I will try it on again when I lose another 1.5kg I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx