Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tidbits of May.

Funny story. I started a blog last night. That's not unusual, I have a huge number of started/unfinished blogs. But this one was about being more disciplined and finishing what I start and I never finished it!  So TYPICAL!  I really have a bad habit of over-thinking and second guessing myself therefore I am not happy with it and I don't finish it.
SO tonight I aim to finish this and I will not allow myself to go to bed until its done!  Here goes....
 
Family
Super important and we are incredibly blessed to have a substantial sized one.
 I love that we laugh ALOT.
I love that my children know each other.
 
Casey (12) and Jesse (6months) having traditional morning cuddles!
 We love to celebrate.
We love traditions, for traditions tie us to each other, to history and to something bigger than ourselves.
Life is truly empty without traditions.
 
Happy Birthday Jayden (10)
 Turning 10 is a big deal around here and comes with a PARTY baby!
Jayden's choice was an Xbox party of course.
It was such a boy day, junk food, Xbox and pizza!
He loved it.
(I am not fan of said Xbox at all, but its not about me is it)
Our boys generally only get the Xbox on a Sunday afternoon for 2-3 hours so being able to play it for an entire afternoon/evening was a BIG DEAL.
Especially since we got together some of Jayden's Uncles and a friend for occasion.
My lounge was transformed to a gaming arena!
 

 
Excuse photo quality as is was really poor lighting.  But I think you get the general idea!
 
 May is always a busy month for us as a family and this year it was insanely busy.  I found that I really had to work at 1) staying sane and 2) Engaging on a simple level with each of my children.
One thing I love about home-schooling is that we have the time and space to really embrace whatever the kids are interested in at any given time. ( and I tell you it REALLY could be anything)  Kaitlyn got a build-it-yourself (but really get an adult to do it for your because its really too hard for you) birdhouse as a present. So she and Jamie got out the hammer one afternoon and put it together.  This sparked an interest in birds and bird-watching consequently this led to erecting a bird-feeder on the fence outside our lounge window so we could observe the birds.






I am not really sure what bird around here is going to be able to fit in there but none-the-less it has been attached to the tree next to the bird feeder.
 We are also currently into sewing. Sewing bibs for that matter.  All the kids wanted to turn at using the sewing machine and desperately wanted to make a bib for Jesse. I love this about them.  So for 'Technology' we had a look at 1)What was the function of a bib?  2)What makes a good bib? and
 3) What things must a bib have?

Then it was a lesson on making and cutting out a pattern.


Of course I would have to put some written work in there somewhere, (much to their disgust). All my children would rather be 'doing' than 'writing'.
 
 Hand over hand, Kaitlyn and I gingerly used the sewing machine together. Fortunately her legs aren't long enough to reach the pedal so I had control of the speed of the machine.  Thankfully no fingers were run over in the process!

 
 Presto!  A Bib for Jesse!
 
Jesse now has a collection of new bibs, thanks to his siblings.
Sophie and Kaitlyn have found a large piece of gold sequined material (how on earth I came to have that I do not know) and thought it would make a good princess skirt. So I guess that is next on the agenda.  Don't think the boys would want one though.
 
I just thought I would put up these photos of Jamie and 2 of his brothers enjoying a Friday morning breakfast. No we do not breakfast like this everyday but moments like these make me smile. I love that they can get together and enjoy each others company over the simple act of having breakfast.  I pray that my children will do the same in years to come when they are adults!


 
Yay! I made it! Finished!
I am so proud of myself right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx