Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Road.

Just down our road is where I walk.  Not too far but far enough. I can clear my head, talk to God, breath, sing if I feel so inclined and just be.  I love my children but sometimes one can have too much wrestling, rolling around the dining room/kitchen on the computer chair and little hands pulling on your clothes with little voices  saying"I hungry!"

Its down my road I reclaim a sense of peace and stop fanatising about locking myself in the bathroom with a book, chocolate and wine and not coming out til they are all in bed.

I love my road.   Its where home is. It brings me home when I have been away. It brings family and friends to visit.   I love lying in bed at night listening to the milk tankers come barreling down the road and their red tail lights reflecting on the walls through my window.  I especially love it when maize season is in its peak and big trucks and huge harvesters go up and down it all night long.  I love that there is no street lights that shine in my windows and light up my room like a Christmas tree (that keeps me up all night).  I love that when I look out the window I can recognise the neighbours car.

So I took a walk yesterday, I thought I share with you - my road.


 


Tree Tunnel!
 (neighbours driveway)

Oooo maize season isn't too far away!
Mt Pirongia with the Hairini Church in the foreground


I have a strange obsession for old sheds. 
I feel sorry for them.


Country Road take me home, to the place, where I belong....





HOME!


1 comment:

  1. OOOOooooooooohhhhhhhhh! Beautiful country roads!! Thanks for making me feel incredibly homesick! ;) Lovely photos Miss Sharni. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx