Thursday, March 1, 2012

Celebrating Boy-dom

It was brought to my attention that I haven't written about my boys for while.  Yes that is true and I just have to say that I certainly don't love them any less.  I think that I am finding my girls play most intriguing at present.  Their play brings me back to moments in my own childhood and times spent with my own sisters.

But.....that isn't any excuse!  So in celebration of my boys I am going out to explore BOY-DOM!!

Boys aren't pretty, dainty and fancy in their play, no they are BIG, LOUD, FEISTY and ROBUST!


Bow and Arrows are so the thing at the moment!
It could be to do with the fact that I am reading Robin Hood to them at the moment as part of 'school'.

In their room I find....

 

Huts!!! 
 I kid you not this is a regular occurrence.  I have come to the realisation that they don't need beds because they very rarely sleep in them.

Even though Casey (10) says he wants his own room, I find him often asleep on the floor of his brothers room. Crazy! 


Creative mess?!

Jaydens 'pet' Slater!

One of the things that I love most about my boys is that they are real 'mates' with each other. They love to hang out, invent games and talk rubbish with each other.  We have an added bonus which is a BIG extended family. Jamie's brothers have got loads of time and energy to spend with my boys. Providing them with other positive and loving role models apart from their Dad.
I am so thankful and blessed to be apart of a multi-aged family and I pray that my boys only carry this on for ones that are younger than them and for ones that are to come.

My boys and the famed Uncle Sam just chilling out!

Sometimes I fret over providing enough 'learning experiences' for the boys but it was pointed out to me, they find their own!

I love the expression on Jaydens face.

 

I have learnt NOT to interfere and say dumb things like,  'What are you making?"  or "Perhaps you should do it like this"  Those are big No-nos!

Here is what they made, the three of them, together!



No for those who perhaps can't guess what it is, I'll tell you.
It is a fort.
For their knights and horses and army men.
Of course! Aren't they creative!

And just so you know...their room does look presentable again!





What are your boys up too?

"A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams."

- Author Unknown






1 comment:

  1. Love your boy dom pictures - reminds me of my own boys and their adventures in mischief.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx