Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Week So Far!


This Mama needed some time, well maybe not so much needed but wanted.  Some time spent with my most precious friend/sister in law.  My husband and his brother spend lots of weekends away hunting, so I thought is was high time we had some time together too. AND I thought that I would catch the bus.  I think the last time I was on a bus was um at school!  So umpteen years, one husband and five children later here I am, all ready to board.


They all were excited about me going on a bus. (either that or they are all really excited to have the weekend with Dad, Dad is always so much fun) So much so the bus driver gave them a tour of his bus!


There is always time to find trees to climb!


I was feeling rather famous, with my very own fan club all yelling out and waving "Bye Mum!"  "We love you!"  The elderly couple sitting in front of me thought this was very entertaining.



Did you know that buses are very nice now days?  They even lower the bus down to curb level so you don't have to step up to them and the driver even wears a hat.  Very cool!


I felt like I was part of a Country Song.  You know the ones where they sing about
a small town girl packing her bag and leaving for the big smoke.
"here I go, once again, with my suitcase in my hand.......I'm running away, down River Road"
A song by Crystal Gale I believe.  Don't ask me how I know that!

Mount Pirongia

The view from high up on a bus is amazing.

So after my most restful weekend away doing what girls to best, talking, shopping and lunching to name a few.  I could launch myself into a brand new week that was filled almost to the brim.


  Every second Wednesday home school families from around our area meet together to share, to experience and to encourage.

The "classroom" on Wednesday!


I love watching all the kids (big and small) ALL interact together.
I love watching them just muck about and explore this stream.
I love that we have these "classrooms" at our easy disposal.


My biggest girl, Kaitlyn who is very nearly FIVE, had her last day at kindy today!
So sad but oh so exciting too.





In two days time my biggest little girl will turn FIVE. 
 A milestone. A new chapter.
I pray that she will have the richest learning experiences to come and has the most precious memories of her kindy days.

In two days time we will have the biggest party to celebrate her!


A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer. ~Author Unknown











1 comment:

  1. Oh I love everything about this post! How cool you got to rise on a bus! What a novel idea ;) Weekend away = AWESOME! Can't believe your biggest little girl is turning 5! Wow, how time flies. What a special birthday to celebrate. Big love to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx