Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Day at the Market

I have been sitting here this whole week feeling sorry for myself believing that I had nothing to blog about (and wanting to blog) because my husband took my camera away hunting with him....BUT tonight (the last night) I discovered that he had left the SD card for me with my last lot of photos!  Bless him!  I now am so excited......

So how has your week been?   I have been husband-less for the past four nights and tonight is the last night - do I need to tell you how excited I am (and tired). I really truly take my hat off to solo-parents who have to do the parent thing 24/7 with little support.  I don't think I have even been sleeping well cos I think I have been sleeping with one ear open the whole night, half listening out for a child calling out.  Of course I have been having my midnight visitor crawling into bed with me and snuggling down into my back.

Before Jamie went away I decided that it would be nice if I did something a little special with just my girls and an invitation from my sister-on-law Tash was right on the button!  So a Budd girls trip to the Tamahere Markets was planned....Yes!  My girls were so excited, especially since they had some money that Poppa Peter gave them for their birthdays to spend....Yusssss!

God blessed us with a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L autumn day for it too! Just check out those crunchy leaves underfoot, can't you just smell the autumness.

So much to look at and so many people, holding hands was oh so important.


The girls very first purchase. They pain-stakingly each chose a wee soap. Two for a dollar, can't go wrong with that.  (Thank you to the lady who patiently served them)



Second purchase... a lolly kebab!


I could smell this vendor before I could see it!  Hmmmmm lavender!


Time for a mid-morning snack....this donut lady (I am sure she would love to be called that) had nearly sold out but the time we got to her.  
They were actually the best and biggest donuts I have ever had and next time I am buying a whole one to greedily devour myself! ( I was nibbling on my girls one)


And of course you can't go past the balloon-animal-man without buying a balloon animal!
I love balloon animals and consequently so do my girls!  and did you know that if your balloon animal pops while you are at the market he will make a replacement -free!!
Now that is cool!

It was a great day out and we were there just the right amount of time.  We were just walking out when my girls started to complain of sore legs!

I thoroughly recommend that if you have a market nearby then take the time and a friend to visit and wander around taking in the smells, sights and sounds and of course indulging in a coffee or two and an Almond Croissant!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx