Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just Being

There is one things that I love about the school holidays and that is time just to "be".  To sit and breath and r-e-l-a-x!  Well as much as you can when you have any amount of kids running around you.  I don't have 'schooling' on my to-do-list and I don't have to be taxi-ing the kids anywhere for dancing and sports etc. (although this is about to start soon)

Yes I have the luxury of time during the school term and my kids have the luxury to do almost whatever tickles their fancy at  the time.  But sometimes nice to KNOW that you don't HAVE to be doing anything.  This has been  a particular blessing at this time since I have been in the throes of morning sickness (well in my case all day sickness).  Yes you did read right, we are expecting a precious baby around the end of November!  We are all very excited but I do need reminding of that when I can't move off the bed/couch because I feel so sick!  Remind my kids too when I am a little too grumpy with them cos I feel so crappy.  BUT feeling crappy is a good thing and that is what I keep reminding myself.

So yesterday morning I spent some time just being with the girls (the boys would of been outside playing deer hunting complete with antlers and deer calls)  while they colour in....
 

such a simply thing but it keeps them entertain for a long time.  Now which colour shall I use next??


Of course little sister has to colour too!


 

I just love chubby little hands that holds the pen to draw and colour!


What a good use for giant piles of washing waiting to be folded.  A warm snuggly place to sit in the sun!

The holiday break has been a quiet one this time, we haven't done anything or been anywhere but I don't think the kids have suffered.  They have used what they have round here to entertain themselves, including the wind and plastic bags. (simple, free and quick to tidy up Yeah!)


and carpet, blankets and cushions for a game of um.... "don't touch the sea or the giant shark will get you!"

A not so tidy and quiet game!
and lastly "lets make a hut with the couches and blankets and eat hot chips in it"


Mostly I love what my kids come up with for entertainment, I say mostly because some are just too messy and too noisy and sometime I just can't be bothered with it.  BUT for the most part I think they have amazing imaginations and I just love that.  Its all about letting them try stuff and providing with help and ideas only if they ask!  I wasn't so good at this to begin with but I am getting better! 

Anyway the holiday time is coming to the end and it will be back to our routine.
But you know what...it will be good!

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
 - Orison Swett Marden





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx