Saturday, March 8, 2014

Just Across the Road

Its maize season around these parts which makes for free entertainment for little people, especially little people that love cool big trucks and monster like tractors. I have to admit even I find them pretty fascinating. I wonder what it would be like to be at the controls of such a powerful beast?? I am such lady, aren't I?



We were fortunate to be just across the road from this paddock, although I am not sure if the people whose washing was on the line when the dust was stirred up were thinking that exact same thing.


Little boys in gumboots are just adorable!!
Can't say the same thing for the shoes that I am sporting though.



I love Maize harvesting season. I am not entirely sure why that is but I find it somewhat comforting seeing and hearing the big trucks, tractors and combine harvesters driving our roads and paddocks nearly twenty-four hours a day.
 I probably wouldn't feel that if they were out my bedroom window at two in the morning.







We are in desperate need of rain. Farms are looking bare, brown and very sad.  It is hard to imagine that in a few short months though they will be long, lush, green and delicious looking.
 (if you were a cow of course).

 I love finding simple experiences that aren't too far from home that the kids can observe and do.  Simple everyday experiences.  I don't ever want to be too busy or too overwhelmed with life that I might miss such a simple everyday but intriguing activity.  I don't ever want to be too preoccupied with the to-do list that I don't walk my kids across the road and watch the harvester harvest.  I don't ever want to not notice again.  My kids were taken with the gigantic machinery and spent a good while just watching them go about their business, waiting for them to come back around and waving at the drivers through the dust cloud.  
Simple. 


Whats been happening in your neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx