Sunday, June 29, 2014

The start of something big....

          "And he placed his hands on their heads and he blessed them...."  Mark 19:15

Today, 29th June 2014 was the start of something big.  Something new and exciting was birthed. (No I haven't had my baby, its not due for another 16 weeks at least)  Today a part of me, a part of my heart was launch out into the world.  I am excited, I am thrilled, I am scared.  Today I shared my heart, my vision, God's vision with people other than those close to me.  It has been a BIG day.

Today is the day I am to start walking the walk and not just talking the talk  Oh boy do I need God now more than ever.  We are actually going to have to do what we say we are going to do. There is no going back, no back-tracking, no rewind button. I cannot stop this.  Wow that is scary, oh boy is it ever!!

Today is the day that we reach out into our community and help, give, support and love. Today is the day we start to fill the gaps, fill the needs and right the wrongs for people that can't do that on their own.   The need is there and the need is real.

Today we begin to really be the hands and feet of Jesus, to show the world a love that hasn't been seen in a while and that we are willing to roll up our sleeves and jump on in boots and all.
                                                             
Today is the day that 'Loving Arms Te Awamutu' was birthed.  For that I am both grateful and excited.
                                                    
Loving Arms

                                         

'Loving Arms' is a community outreach that would like to see 

To see every baby born in the community adequately clothed and every new mother (regardless of age or number of children) adequately cared for, supported, and encouraged during that all important time after the birth of her baby.

We can do this. We will do this. We all have something in us that wants to give to and to help others. We are not created to be doing this 'life' all on our own but for so many that is a reality. We need each other.

So here we are at the beginning......and we will clothe, we will feed and we will support. For that is our vision, this is what we are meant to do.  We will do this because the need is there and because we care.


Is there anything big happening in your life at the moment?


PS If you would like to know anymore about 'Loving Arms' please feel free to check out our Facebook page. You can also contact me through there.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! And brave of you :) I love how you have insisted on planting the seed that you could have held on to in your own little hand (heart), with no water and no air. But you have now given it air! And ready to start watering it and watch it grow. May Gods grace go with you and lead you in this awesome project, outreaching and blessing your community. Truly inspiring. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx