Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What we need is some.......CHOCOLATE!

Getting back into the swing of school after the holidays is always a mission for anyone, and for us its the same story.  It is always nice not having to do anything or go anywhere.  So its a new maths book for Casey, new spelling words for everyone and a shot of enthusiasum for everyone!

Apparently all home-schooling families feel like this after a break in schooling, so I am telling myself that we are normal:)


The first three days have been a hard slog at getting them to be enthused about school work and to accomplish more than a page of maths and a story that consists of more than four lines and the words "I went".

A trip to the library was in order  and I LOVE THE LIBRARY!    I love books. I love the stories they tell, the secrets they hold and the emotions they stir up.  I love making friends with the characters, so much so that I miss them when I have finished the book and wonder what they could be doing. (Am I sounding a little nuts)  I LOVE the smell of books and the sound of pages being turned.  AHHH bliss.  I really want to pass this insane passion onto my kids but its been hard to get them any further than 'Wheres Wally' type books.  But I think we are getting there!  Yah



Also to inspire them to greatest I decided that a 'carrot' was in order in the form of CHOCOLATE slice.


Actually I fully succeeded in making a perfectly healthy slice (from the Healthy Food Guide) into something fully unhealthy and full of all the things bad for you!  How do you do that you ask?

Replace low fat salt reduced spread with BUTTER, raisins with choc chips and smother it with melted dark chocolate!




Very YUMMY unfortunately I didn't get to lick the bowl the kids got in first HOW RUDE!

I think that the french have it all sussed by the way.  They don't waste their time on crappy crap food. They save their time and their money to be able to eat something really delicious and insanely hideously bad for you like pastries filled with whipped cream, Chocolate encased in flakey buttery crossaints and they put cream in their coffee  (in some parts they put butter in their coffee!)  Yet they still remain beautiful!  


Inspiration I tell you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx