Thursday, August 5, 2021

God's Word

The Word. God speaks to us through His Word. A place for me to find truth, comfort, discipline and healing. 

I haven't felt like writing much over the last wee while.... I've needed the space to heal and to be and healing didn't need to be public. Truth be told.... I've been grieving. While God clearly told us that we would be moving on from our church for over 15 years....to look at church in a totally different light and serving our community and wider body of believers, not just one particular place. I still grieved and have been working through the trauma that I've been carrying around with me for the past few years. Leaving a church is like leaving your family. You lose the community that we once were so invested in. You lose connections and friendships. It's especially hard when people don't understand, don't stop to ask why or turn their back on you because they are hurt you've left.

Church hurt is a real thing....and its brutal. If we were to be honest, I'm sure anyone who belongs to a church has experienced it to some degree and maybe even caused it to some degree.... just like family. It's important to understand that it's never God that hurts but imperfect people inside a imperfect institution. It's important to know that God still loves us even though we continually fall short. He never changes. Always is the same.

As I navigate this weird time...my safe place is in His Word. Seeking His face. His Word is my winnowing fork.

"His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” - Matthew 3:12

Sifting through everything I have ever been taught from church leaders by reading His Word, searching for His truth has been an interesting journey.... because knowing His Word and what it says is what matters to me most. 

I continue to love my husband, my family and anyone who comes across my path.... because loving God and loving people is what matters most. This journey has been hard but oh so rewarding as we've had the time and opportunity to meet some beautiful people that if we hadn't left, I highly doubt we would be in relationship with now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx