Today has been a good day. Today is my 42nd birthday! I simply do not feel 42 in any way shape or form...I feel like I'm 26. 26 must have been a good year for me...
I remember my mum turning 40 my dad had arranged a dinner for her and her longtime friend parked across the road in order to surprise her...they had the number plate PD14. It's weird what you remember. I thought my mum was old back then...yet here I am. I also remember my mother-in-law turning 40......we hung out at her house for the day. If I'm honest, I don't particularly like the number attached to my age.... I'm telling myself that they are now is irrelevant these days, Is it? Or am I just dreaming? Is there a way to dress, act and be when you are my age?. I feel like there use to be but now not so much.
So here I am 42...still raising babies, still breastfeeding, still doing Kindy and school runs, still haven't really decided what I'm going to be when I grow up, still looking for someone more adult than me and still cannot do my hair properly. I need to grow up....so when does that actually happen? And what even is grown up status...when you have chainsaw? I feel that's pretty adult. When you have a mortgage? When you have kids? Well, I was an adult way back at 23 then. So now I must be an extra adulty!
I feel like I haven't accomplished much as there is so much I still want to do. I have big dreams...HUGE actually. I'm ready for them...let's go I say!
In saying all that I most certainly received adult type presents today...a new chair for my 'space', 'string of pearls' (a pot plant in case you aren't in the know), candles, office items, and a recipe book from Alaska. The last item made me cry like a baby (again obviously not an adult)....for years Jamie and I have been watching all things Alaskan and dreaming of living there so this recipe book was a gift from him that spoke directly to my heart....cue tears....one day we might get to visit there. We often wonder does Alaska need missionaries or a fledgling pastor. If so pick us!!!!! We'll go!
But anyway, my point is I guess...is you are only old as you feel. My kids keep me young. My dreams keep me young.
Happy birthday to me xx
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx