Well folks.... our wee Charlie Grace is ONE! Just like that we blink and her first year is gone.
Shes truly a gift....the one we didn't know we needed but God knew what he was doing when he blessed us with her. Funny that!
We have spent the day enjoying her company, hugging and kissing her all the time and have sung her Happy Birthday 245 times already! What an experience it must be to be the youngest of 8 children. Having 7 older siblings to cheer you in in every little thing you do, picking you up, sharing stuff with you and making you giggle. She has the family sussed out already. I laugh as her oldest brothers is crazy with her...making loud noises and chasing her. Where most kids might cry or get a fright...she literally doesn't even flinch....she just turns and looks at them like the weirdos they can be.
As I think back to this day a year ago...to one of the hardest days of my life. I have purposely chosen not to think about how awful it was and the experience I missed out on....but to focus on the beautiful, exquisite gift that was born.
Charlie Grace Aged 1
Lover of mama cuddles, baths, snacks in a bowl, baby-shark, scrambled eggs, water, pussycats, being outside, bouncy balls and cuddly toys.
Hates getting out of the bath, having to come inside, sitting in the car for too long and not having someone to touch in the middle of the night.
Bites my legs to get me to pick her up. Doesn't smile at strangers no matter how hard they try. Shares her toys with other babies. Can walk but prefers to crawl still. Has five teeth. And loves a good round of applause....especially if it's for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx