Saturday, May 4, 2019

Just Like You

I walked into my room and caught her trying on a necklace of mine. I actually have very little jewelry because when I wear it I feel feel like people are looking at me. Is that weird? I asked her why she was doing something she knows she's not allowed to do as I took it from her hands...her reply "because I want to be just like you mama!" Today that made me cry. When the devil is whispering in your ear that you are a crappy parent, that you are less than, that you have failed, that you will never succeed, that you deserve every bad thing that has happened and will happen and it's all my fault......to hear that just gave me all the feels right in the feeling place and my first thought was "no you do not want to be like me". But as I opened my jewelry box I saw nestled in the back corner a little black box containing this medal. I reached in and took it out and gave it to her and said...here try this on.

She said "oh wow...a medal mama...how did you win it? Was it like for sports? I replied "No not for sport...most definitely not. I won this for being a nice person. For being kind and helping people, when no one was helping them. I won this for starting Loving Arms." It made me think. I did not start Loving Arms to get a medal or to get anything...purely to help others even just one person. I never dreamed that it would be where it is or the direction its heading.

So, in a culture that celebrates physical prowess, social media presence, financial success and academic excellence.... I think it's nice to have the "warm fuzzies celebrated". Also, my greatest hope for my sweet, dramatic, beautiful and clever 4-year-old and ALL my other children is that they are kind and caring, they work hard, they are respectful and love Jesus. Of course, I can't command that from them...they have to want to be and do those for themselves. But I can set the best example I can, that we can.... in hope that we will inspire and encourage them that that is the best way to live.... that those things are the only REAL things that matter. And that we will love them unconditionally always....
Just as Our Father loves us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx