Saturday, December 14, 2019

Polar Opposites

My current read.... lent to me by a good friend and I'm loving it. In our current season so much of it resonates with me so it's really timely...actually it's exactly why she lent it to me!

I have had a few people ask me about my last post/blog. Some directly ask me about it, most gently inquiring around the edges of conversation and one or two seeking clarification on me saying "a year from hell but a year from heaven" and how that could possibly be. So, I thought a follow up post was in order.... How could one 12-month period feature polar opposites? Firstly, let me say that if wasn't for our faith in God then I truly don't know how we would have made it through the year. To seek refuge in His Word and worship when you feel the anxiety in your throat so much so that you can't breathe, eat or sleep IS THE MOST POWERFUL form of defense and offense against our enemy. Darkness cannot remain where light resides.

Without the support and prayers of friends and family.... that you could simply text "please pray".... knowing that in moments after reading those two words they are interceding and praying on your behalf.
We most definitely had some amazing God encounters and were on the receiving end of His provision.... without those this year would have been more hellish. Those things kept us moving, kept us positive, kept us seeking His face and being in a place of thankfulness.
The thing is guys we aren't promised a life of ease but that we will face trouble, but all is not lost or wasted. "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
So why do I share what I do? I'm pretty open and honest and while I may not share everything. I try to be the real deal...to be any different I believe would be detrimental to the Kingdom of God. I believe in sharing my life so that others can see the redeeming love of Christ, but to also know that when you belong to Christ you will most still be hit with tragedy and hard times but your journey through it all while it could be "hell on earth".... all of Heaven is holding your hand" (my words)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx