Thursday, December 5, 2019

I know who my people are

 This year's been a bit shit really. Can I say that? I'm going to as I simply cannot think of a nicer way to say it that encompasses everything it needs to. It simply has. My family has been put though the ringer and then some. I actually cannot think of a worser year. For a long time now I've been coining this year "The year from hell but the year from heaven". Nothing has felt safe or stable this year...nothing. Our family had been under a huge attack...a story that is not mine to tell as much as I want to scream and shout about it....I simply can't. But everything that we have stood for, worked towards and our core has been shattered.

Oh, my though ...do I want to let loose and word vomit about it.... Heck yes! One day maybe.... but not now. It's far too raw and we are all still traumatized. But I will say.... there is no pain felt on this earth than witnessing your child go through pain of any kind. But God is good and we know without a doubt that He will bring about good, restoration and redemption for His glory..."Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord" Romans 12: 19....that is what I'm holding on to. But in all of this awfulness we have seen and been on the receiving end of miracles from God himself. We own our house...something we never ever thought possible....and I mean EVER! To feel some kind of sense of security in this time is truly a gift from God.

I am not the same person I was at the beginning of the year. I've changed, grown up maybe.... become more of who I'm meant to be. We have had relationships that have deepened and have been anchored. Relationships that have changed and relationships that have ended. All of which are ok. There's purpose in all and for that I'm thankful. God has a plan for all this...a plan that is good. I don't know what next year will look like...but then again does anyone really? But this I know for certain...I know who my God is, who I am in Christ, that my marriage is strong and my family is tight. I know who I can count on and who's in my corner. I know who my people are...and that's priceless



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx