Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I Did it!

I hit a personal goal today.... I completed the Couch to 5km app and ran over 5km in 35mins. It's taken me 8 weeks/24 runs to get here. I know that time isn't going to win any medals but considering the mental and physical battles I have had to overcome I'm pretty stoked.

It's been quite the journey this year and pretty much the only 'me' space was if I left the house and went for a run. It appears my limit is 3x runs a week...anymore and I start injuring myself and/or I get sick (stress also doesn't help that). I wasn't going to run today...citing a headache, backache and it's too hot as my excuse. But I chose to stop listening to my whinging self and just do it! And don't get me wrong I whinge pretty much the whole time...making deals with myself such as "if you run to the end of this road you can walk" and then "nope...you've conquered some serious hard stuff...you will not be stopping!" It's pretty much me killing my flesh and mind the whole entire time as I am not a runner, I don't not have a runner's body, I am not a lean graceful gazelle more like the saggy baggy elephant (if you know that book...you'll get my drift and only I can say that thank you) .... but hey....I did it after birthing a heap of beautiful babies over the years ...I did it! So, in my eyes I won and I'm pretty darn happy with myself!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx