Curate. A word that I never thought I would use when describing something I want to do myself. I simply do not curate anything...its most definitely not my strong point and I wouldn't even know where to begin. Other people curate. Gifted, artistic people, people with flair curate. I do not curate.
But I have been yearning for my own space for a good wee while. A space that is mine. For me. Selfishly mine. Because in a house with 9 others nothing is ever just mine. Its mine along with everyone else's.... oh apart from wine...wine is mine.
It's been a l-o-n-g time coming but I got new furniture today for my-so-called office space, @loving_arms_nz HQ and my haven for writing.....and while it's in the living area...I'm calling it mine. Nestled under the window so I can look out at the world and drink in the possibilities....aka watch the traffic go by. But its mine mine mine.
Now what to do??? I want to have the things I love and items that inspire me and remind me of why I do what I do. In short, I want to curate this space. But where does one start?? I could ask someone but then maybe it wouldn't be mine? For a long time I couldn't tell you what I liked or didn't like relying on my best friend or sister to tell me what's what and what's not. But I think I'm getting better at this as seasons change in my life and I learn about who I am more and more.... learn about who I'm created to be.
I think this space won't happen overnight, but it will be a space for me formed and created over time.... that is if I can stop the kids from adding to it. But its mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx