Over the last few weeks maybe even months I have developed.... I don't even know what to call it. Hyper-social media-itis? (That totally could be a thing I reckon)
I noticed that I was beginning to feel less than, not good enough and suffocated by the pressure of not having, being, or doing. For a long-time social media particularly, Instagram was a great source of inspiration and encouragement for me.... finding gems of ideas in the accounts I followed and invigorated me into living my best life. But of late I began to feel like I was never just good enough...that our life choices and faith journey that we are on as a family was hindering the "best life". Everything that we didn't have .... I noticed. Everything we couldn't do.... I noticed. I was left believing lies that I was a terrible mother/wife/person. For me it was like a terribly public popularity contest and I was losing...much like high school all over again.
Oh, I know that what you see and read on social media is someone else's highlights...I know that.... but I wasn't feeling it.
And don't get me started on the amount of time spent...it's very addictive just scrolling or checking it every so-called spare moment. But really, I can spare moments doing other more productive things. I spend an awful lot of time at the computer for Loving Arms work without me adding to it with mindless scrolling and checking.
So, for an undetermined time I'm taking myself off social media....at least the scrolling and the checking part. I simply cannot run Loving Arms or Mother in Arms without it or being on it. So, I'll allow myself access to that and to post blog pieces because it's a creative outlet for me.
I have been gone for three days and have replaced it with reading, small jobs and just hanging out fully present with the people around me. I feel the difference. I have spent time talking with God and searching His word for truth about my identity and worth and letting Him have the final say in those areas. There is no popularity contest in Him...none at all. Cos I'm His favorite. Your His favourite too
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx