Tuesday, March 26, 2019

I Love This

I think this might be it. The quote of all quotes...coined by @msrachelhollis from the book 'Girl, Wash Your Face' .
The quote that this chronic-people-pleaser-addict will refer back to time and time again. Game changing is you ask me.
I know I have a problem and it's a problem that at times strangles the life out of me, causes me stress and anxiety to no end, makes me doubt myself, my abilities and drives my husband nuts. Like all addictions its crippling at times.
Hi my name is Sharni and I'm a people-pleaser.
Oh, how I want to be free from this...to be live life from a place of a confidence and strength...to live as who God created me to be. Not to adapt myself so that everybody in sundry likes me and then if someone doesn't immediately spiral into a tailspin.
I say this like it will be the most simple thing in the world for me to do...just stop caring. But it most definitely won't be.
I am still traumatized and deeply hurting over the end of a close friendship that came to a screaming halt a few years ago now. Even the mere mention of the name and my chest is instantly tight and I want to cry.
The realization that I can't be all for everybody, that people are going to think what they like of me.... phew it's going to be hard to let it go.
I am deeply loved not only by my family and friends but by God who uniquely crafted me into me.... if I try to be someone different just to please who would be me???

Ps. I absolutely love love love @msrachelhollis .....I think we could be great friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx