Reflecting on the tragic and absolute horrific happenings to our small wee country...words fail me. I simply cannot form the sentences to describe my feelings or thoughts. Numb.
The solidarity that has formed and the love displayed across the country is phenomenal really...heart-warming. My prayer though that this will feeling, these catch phrases that are floating around will outlast more than a few weeks. That it will actually be cemented into us and become part of our DNA.
How easy it is to say we should love all and everyone... from a distance. It's safe.
We don't have to change or do anything different from what we do now. But for REAL love to happen.... the love of Christ....you're going to have to get down and dirty, you're going to have to connect with people that aren't like you, that might even scare you, that might not even like you. You are going to have to show grace when you want to shout angry words, sacrifice when you want comfort and security, serve when you want to rest or play and give when you want to keep. Can we love like that?
Can I love like that?
Loving people hurts. Its messy and uncomfortable and sometimes it freaks me out. Sometimes I look like an idiot and sometimes it gets thrown back in my face. But I want to still choose love, choose Christ for He is the ultimate love. I want to choose Him every time because after all He chose me.
Always look for the helping people.... because that's where hope is found.... right next door to love.
In the words of @bobgoff
"Love Does"
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading about the lives and loves of other people share, it inspires me! Please feel free to leave a comment or share your thoughts because it gives me warm fuzzies and I just love to make new friends! Much love Xx